Monday, January 5, 2009

Brighton

On 12-31 We all went to Brighton to learn how to ski/snowboard. Mom and I went for skiing and the 3 boys decided that Snowboarding would be the more cool thing to do. Jason, Aaron and Brandon all went to their snowboarding lessons together. Eli was their teacher and it sounds like they were the head of the class. I didn't really need a beginners class but took it anyway and was the star student but that is only to be expected when no one else had skied before. Finally we all got to head up the mountain together. Jason kept saying he was going to ride the lift back down after seeing the intimidating hill we were climbing up. We all made it to the top and off the lift(some us falling off). Ready to get going mom and I had to wait on the 3 snowboarders to get their feet straped to the board and scoot the bums on the snow until the hill was directly infront of them. Looked pretty cool to me.
So we head down the green trails that mom was directing us through since she was the only one that remembered the hills. Their are a couple little hills on the bunny trail that you glide up just fine on skis, but not so much luck with the snowboards. Seems you have to sit back down on your bum and do what I could only explain as a crab walk up any slight slope. LOL I have to admit when they weren't scooting, crab walking, and falling, they did look kinda cool. But I am quite happy with my decission to keep with skiing.
Anyhow there were a few cussing outs along the trip when mom lead us through some side trails and over some mogals and bushes but for the most part it was great. We all were extremely sore afterwards. Us skiers felt it in our legs and seems the snowboarders felt it in their necks? Must be part of the cool factor. Anyhow I can't wait till we can all get together and do it again. Its a day I will Never forget!

No comments: